April 5, 2009

Giving Everything

Hey guys! What's up? Well I've had a pretty awesome week seeking God. He is really starting to reveal to me who he really is and it is pretty amazing! I can't wait to dig even deeper! Well I have two different things on my mind and the first one is very questionable. This is merely an opinion, and it is not scripturally based. It is not a truth. The only reason I put this on here is so I can learn more about it from you guys and so I could learn about some scripture dealing with this. For the past couple of days I've seen the phrase "God will not give you something you cannot handle." Or something to that extent. Well I've just been thinking about it and I think I disagree with that. I think God brings us to things that we can't handle so we get to our breaking point, and so we HAVE to lean on him and depend him. I think it is through things we cannot handle that God breaks down our pride and we realize that we can't do it by ourselves so we run to him. I would love to know everyone's opinion on this and I would love to know about some scripture involving this, please. Let me know if you have some. Okay second thing is giving God EVERYTHING, giving him every area of our life. I mean letting him see the good, the bad, and the ugly. I was just thinking about this today. I think when we begin to seek him and see who he really is we will be able to give up things. As we get to know him we will let go of areas we have been holding onto. I like to think about it like this: Before you let someone into your life, you have to get to know them and see what they are really like. Before you tell your friends your deepest darkest secrets there has to be trust there. And most of the time we don't trust someone we don't know with our most precious things. So when we don't know who God really is and when we aren't "friends" with him then it is going to be hard to give up our most precious item: Our life.  I don't know if that makes sense to anyone but it does to me. As I have been seeking God this week, he has really been softening me. He has begun to break down many walls in my life. He has shown me things I have been doing that I shouldn't be doing. He has really begun to reveal himself, though. And let me tell you HE IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! So yall I'm serious, If you don't know exactly who God is begin to seek him, and you WILL find him. So Hannah I hope you're happy it was pretty short today. Short. Simple. To the point, Just for you! I hope you guys have an awesome week seeking God. I love you all very much! And I hope you have many awesomely superb adventures this week. LOVE.

4 comments:

The Harvest said...

Well, let me begin by asking a question and this could get really deep in a hurry, so put on your wadders. You wrote, "God will not give you something you cannot handle" concerning what you have heard. Then you wrote, "I think God brings us to things that we can't handle so we get to our breaking point, and so we HAVE to lean on him and depend him." Much of this depends on the term "you" in the first statement and "us" in the second. If "you" and "us" are Christian it has one meaning and if "you" and "us" are lost it has another meaning. John 15:5 says, "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."John 15:5 (NIV) So, that means in the natural man, flesh, we can do nothing to begin with. Luke 1:37 says, "For with God nothing will be impossible". So, that means that God will not/can not bring me to something that I cannot do as long as I am "with God". Paul in writing about tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril or sword, "yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us". I don't think God brings a Christian to a breaking point. A breaking point would be a point where I have lost hope. If I have lost hope I have lost focus. So, it is me that takes me to breaking points not Him. Yes, we will find breaking points in our life that will be humbling. But, I believe we put ourselves there and not God. Phil 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". So, when I come to a tough place He is able to see me through. It is through my weakness that His strength is manifest. 2 Cor 12:9. I hope this is some help and does not just muddy the water.

Kadileigh Seibert said...

No that was exactly what I needed to hear. After our teacher discussed this with us on Wednesday night I could not decide what side I was on and that is exactly what I needed. I understand exactly what your saying and by writing my opinion on this I wasn't meaning to be even the least bit controversial, and I hope you can see that. I was trying to get others opinions and a biblical basis for this situation if that makes any sense at all, and that is what you have just given me. I just have really been wondering some things like this and I would love to know the one and only truth so I can set myself straight and I am deeply sorry for all the confusion this one post has caused.

whosoeverwill said...

"The will of God won't lead you where the Grace of God can't keep you" (from some song I heard one day a long time a go!)

whosoeverwill said...

"The will of God won't lead you where the Grace of God can't keep you" (from some song I heard one day a long time a go!)