April 30, 2009

Is God leading your dance?

Hello my friends!!! Well here we go with another "me spilling my dramatic life to the readers" blog. Once again I am going to apologize in advance. A second ago I sat down on my bed to talk to God before I read his word and I prayed, "Lord, tonight I have open ears and an open heart. Show me what I need to see. You know how I struggle with this whole waiting for the boyfriend thing, God. Please show me that you have it under control. If this desire I have is not from you, please, crush it and if it is subside it until the right time." Okay anyways, Funny thing, he answered my prayer again. He showed what I needed to be shown. And don't get me wrong when I prayed for him to take that weird mood I was in away, He did, but I will always have the desire for a boyfriend, but sometimes it can be stronger than others. Okay so I open up my bible straight to Proverbs 4 and I began to read it. This is the verse that stood out: "My [daughter], hear me and accept these words. I have taught you the way of wisdom. I have led you in the paths of uprighteousness. (LISTEN TO ME BELOVED, GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD) When you walk your step will not be hampered and IF you run you won't stumble. Take hold of my instructions. Guard it" which were verses 10-13. Okay so I'm the type of person who wishes that when I was born that God would just hand my parents a list to give me that said This is what you're going to do and this is where you are going to live and this is who you are going to marry. I know what's the fun in that, right? But I should praise God for giving us the freedom of choosing what we want to do: Follow him or do things our way. But I just need to come to realization that I'm not just going to be walking and an list with all the info of what I should do falls right out of the sky. I mean, I know we have the Bible, which is God's instruction book for our life but I mean I want to just know exactly  I need to do in list form. Okay I feel like this isn't making any since. Am I the only weird person like that? But God takes us on a journey to find each and every answer for our life and I think we learn stuff on the way. Like it says in those verses though God guides each one of us through our journeys. He makes sure that we do not stumble and if we begin to fall he catches us. So during our storms shouldn't we just trust that he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it and take his hand and dance with him in the rain. Okay so I just got this picture of a little girl taking her daddy's hand and standing on his feet and just letting him lead her through the dance. So why don't we do just that. He is reaching out to everyone so why don't we just take his hand and stand on his feet and let him lead us through the dance? Is it a trust issue? Is it a not knowing who he really is issue? I think that it is something different for each and everyone of us. So I think we should all begin to examine our lives and see who or what is leading you through your dance and if it not God, why? I know that was extremely scatter brained but that's me so I'm sorry!! Please leave comments, questions, opinions, oppositions, etc! I love you all very much! Hope everyone has an amazingly superb weekend! LOVE!

0 comments: