March 23, 2009

TRUST

I do not know where to start today. I am as scatter brained as ever. Let's just say today has NOT been the best day. Well, School was okay (I mean it was school what else can I say), but it wasn't an abnormally bad day or anything. But it all went downhill when Mom told me Jana was having a couple's shower and If you know me then you know I freak out and worry about these small things. I was like OH MY GOSH, I have to find a date asap. No offense Hannah, but I'm kind of over bringing you as my date to everything, haha. So I texted Hannah and I was like name some people I could invite. She named off a short list of the few close friends of ours that our guys, and I just sat there saying," Too awkward, I'm sure his girlfriend would just love that, he lives in Ohio (yes Jake I am talking about you), ummm.. I'm sure he wouldn't go for that..... etc." So I went the list of the guys I knew in my mind and I realized I don't know any. haha. Just kidding, the few I know are taken, wouldn't like me, or something else. But to make a long story short I began to worry! And worry eats at you and eats at you. It consumes your mind. That's all I could think about this afternoon. I realized I was becoming impatient and jumping the gun for something I had asked God to provide to me. When in his word, He tells me it's all in my time, Good timing, just be patient, beloved. I know he whispers this to me everyday when I pray this. But if you also know me then you know that I am definitely not a patient person. I want things when I ask for just like I want them. But as I was freaking out, I decided to get on here and read some of my friend's blogs and that's when I went to Jake's page. The title was DO NOT WORRY! I was like okay so this must be speaking to me, I started reading and BOOM! God said what is your issue beloved? You are a risen person. I have showed you my power and glory. I have resurected you  and lifted you up from what you used to be. I conquered death. When you asked for a friends I sent not only one but many great ones to you, And you still don't think I can provide you with someone? If only you had the faith of a mustard seed. Ouch, that hurt. How dumb am I to not believe that my savior and deliverer, that my daddy who loves me, that my true friend who sticks closer than a brother, that my shield and my sanctuary, isn't going to give me (his untrusting servant) the desires of my heart? I am his child and he loves me, He will give me someone, but all in good timing. God keeps whispering to me Beloved, Be patient and watchful, but do not worry and definitely do not get impatient and find someone on your own. Just wait. THANK YOU GOD for being my forgiving, loving daddy. I love you so much. Sorry about such a long story, but God has just told me to Trust him. So I guess that sums up everything. Have a great day tomorrow. I love you all. 


Quote of the day:
             "Your mercy found me upon the broken road, And lifted me beyond my failing, Into your glory, My sin and shame dissolved, And now forever yours I'll stand, in love never to end, to call you more than Lord, Glorious Friend. So I throw my life upon all that you are because I know that you gave it all for me. And when all else fades, My soul will dance with you where the love lasts forever."
                    -Where The Love Lasts Forever, Hillsong United

1 comments:

Jacob said...

This is amazing!!!! You are awesome. I enjoy reading your blogs. They are funny, but also amazing. Love ya.