July 22, 2009

Do Not Be Afraid

What's up guys! Once again, I haven't wrote in a while. I just can't keep up with this thing. Let's see as of right now, I've been doing pretty good. I got to spend the whole day with my niece yesterday, which was great! But I just read my friend Luke's blog. It talks about how we should live in the moment, not the fear of the future or the memories of yesterday. SO TRUE. This might just be me but a lot of the time I feel like I'm just standing still in one spot watching everyone else running past me, trying my hardest to figure out where I am. I know that's extremely confusing but that's the best way to put it into words. I am ready to jump in the moment and live for what God put me in that specific moment for. Just wanted to say that. I really wanted to tell you guys about what God has been showing me lately. Well you know how in my last blog I told you how scared I was and I really didn't even know why. Well here's something weird, VBS started the day after I wrote that, and the theme: Don't be afraid. Well if that wasn't a God thing I don't know what was. The bible stories each night were about Moses. The first night was when God spoke to him through the burning bush and how scared he was. God told him that he needed to go rescue his people from the Pharaoh and lead them to the promise land. He told God that he was scared and that he didn't think he was the man for the job. Well that's exactly how I feel. Like I just think, Well God don't you think this is a pretty big thing, don't you need someone better than me, like a better, more committed person, someone who doesn't act like me. I just think, seriously God? that's a pretty important thing... and you're depending on me? Woah. I think that's what scares me. I think I am what scares me. It's not the task or God, but it's me. I know that I've got a whole lot of changing in store. And I know that God is preparing me for my task. That's what the waiting period is for, preparation and seeking. In order to do what God has told me to do, I must seek. Above all things, I must seek him and that is my preparation. But it scares me that I'm me. That this task is in my hands. That probably makes no sense to anyone else but that's the only way to explain it. But God kept telling me at VBS. Don't be afraid, I am ALWAYS with you. You aren't doing this alone. You are doing it with me. Do Not Be Afraid, I do what I say I do and I am who I say I am. TRUST ME on this one. So that's what I am going to do. I am going to trust. Please continue to pray for me. Thanks guys! Leave some comments.

0 comments: