December 31, 2009

New Years Resolutions.....




Well I was going to list out all of my supposed resolutions... key word: supposed, but I don't think I am anymore because I only have one resolution. Me and one of my good friends sat down to eat before going to see Avatar (which was amazing by the way) and we started talking about New Years resolutions. She told me her one and I began naming off a whole list of them, and at the end, after saying all of them, I looked at her and said I really don't know... My list: (everyone's normal list) Lose a little weight, be more adventurous, actually try at school, yada yada yada.... Well I got home and got in the bathtub (which is where I do my best thinking) and I thought about what my New Years Resolution could be. I wanted it to be something good, and something I need to do... So I text my friend and said, "I got it! I know what my new years resolution is going to be!" She text back, "What?" and this is exactly what I put, "to NEVER take my eyes off of God, to focus on Him and His will for me above everything else, and allow him to be MY god... The God of every detail in my life. The end." And that is it. That is my one resolution. I think that one resolution will make 2010 a great year and one to remember. 2010 will be a year of big decisions for me. I'll have to start applying to colleges(scary) and figure out exactly what I want to do. I know I want to move off somewhere. I just don't know exactly where. And honestly that scares me to death, the not knowing part. I just wish God would drop a list out of the sky saying you are going to college here, and you need to get this degree, and have everything mapped out for me... But it's not happening... And where would the fun be in that. But I know God will lead me exactly where I need to be... I'm extremely excited about this new year and I hope you are too! I think it will be a year of new beginnings, at least I hope so. And I leave you with this:

Philippians 3:13-14
:No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven"

Let's look forward to what lies ahead this next year! This will be the last blog of 2009! So Happy New Years to everyone! :)

1 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.